I am a big fan of celebrating the cycles of life, and these first couple of days of a brand new year have found me in a wonderful time of reflection. 2008- The memories, the lessons, the great times and the challenging. So here is my 2008 wrap-up! Some of my favorite quotes, some things I have discovered about myself and the world around me, and some photos for those experiences that simply can not be put into words!
1) I still like my french press morning brew better than the fancy coffee house latte.
2) I am a writer. I am not ‘going to be a writer when I grow up.’ I am a writer right now!
3) A candle looses nothing by lighting another candle.
4) One of the most valuable things we can do to heal one another is to listen to each other’s sroies.
5) In order to experience everyday spirituality, we need to remember that we are spiritual beings spending time in a human body.
6) The universe will always reward you for taking a risk on her behalf.
7) My very favorite thing is to laugh so hard I go into silent laugh mode and almost fall out of my chair, but don’t.
8) Even as a native Californian, snow does lose it’s nostalgia after 15 inches and 9 days of missing work!
9) “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Hunter S. Thompson- true story!
10) Sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring.
11) THANKSGIVING IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!!!
12) Even when it involves gutting a turkey!
13) Especially when it involves gutting a turkey! Damn that was goooood!
14) It is always the simple that produces that marvelous.
15) In order to get anything meaningful out of your life, you have to be ruthless about what you let into it.
16) Dancing on the edge, you can see with clarity many things that you cannot from the center.
17) “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to succeeding before they gave up.” Thomas Edison.
18) Be nice to people on the way up because you meet them again on your way down.
19) We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
20) If you think you’re too small to make an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito!
21) There was never a night that had no morning.
22) The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The meaning of life is to give it away.
23) I get up, I walk, I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing.
24) Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace within it.
25) People are just sexier covered in dust!
26) I heart FIRE!!
27) Sunrise in the desert is on of the most beautiful places on earth!
28) There’s nothing like a fantastic group of random people working towards a common goal.
29) Don’t try to manage anyone else’s expectations until you’ve got a firm grip on your own.
30) Three things cannot be hidden. The sun, the moon and the truth.
31) Random acts of kindness happen far more often than you have your eyes open to see them.
32) Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed.
33) Just when you think your dreams are shattered, new, beautiful, unexpected ones appear.
34) Do not do what you would undo if caught.
35) “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” Winston Churchill
36) Blessed are the flexible, for we shall not get bent out of shape.
37) Your greatness is not what you have, but what you give.
38) The shortest distance between you and regular exercise is a youngish dog.
39) I like me some guns!
40) There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going
41) Your greatness is not measured by what you have, but what you give.
42) Working is easy, focusing is hard.
43) Have a plan, but make it a loose one.
44) It’ sbetter to be a lion for one day than a sheep all your life.
45) Let’s dare to be ourselves, for we do that better than anyone else can!
46) Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
47) No matter where I run, I meet myself there.
48) Who we are never changes, who we think we are does.
49) You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for 20 minutes and watch your heart start beating.
50) It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.
So, farewell 2008!!! Cheers, adios, bon voyage, Ciao, peace, so long, tata, hasta la vista!!